Thursday, January 3, 2008

Have I mentioned that I hate winter?

It's 6 degrees here. My warm hand stuck to the handle of our storm door when I tossed a bag with a poopey diaper out onto the porch this morning. Even with the heat going, our house feels cold.


I know those of you who live in warm climates want to hop on the next plane and come for a visit. I don't blame you. There is so much to do in single digit weather with children. You can spend an entire two minutes outside before everyone starts crying. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that even if it were to warm up to say 12 degrees, our backyard is a giant slip and slide covered with sharp, hard, icy snow.

I want to go on vacation, but I don't. The thought of flying somewhere warm with my monkeys is almost as bad as the cold. The thought of paying to sleep somewhere other than home and have nobody sleep...well, why don't I just go camp out in my backyard? I think it would be just as pleasant. Trying to keep them entertained, watching them by a pool or at the beach? Yeah, sounds like lots of fun, lets go for two weeks. I bet I'd come home an alcoholic.

Enough complaining....the five weeks of nice weather that New England enjoys each year is only five to seven months away.



2 comments:

Bethany said...

You thought I was a wimp in college you should see me now....in my scarf and hat when it is barely below 60 hee hee. You can come sleep on my extra bed for free. My kiddos played outside all day yesterday. Although we are suppose to get major rain the next 5 days. My kids always beg to go see the snow (everybody wants what they don't have) I think the mountains here are suppose to get some so I might drive them up for the afternoon when it stops raining.

If it makes you feel better I have a sick puking kid and a mountain of smelly laundry to do. Better run

Anonymous said...

oh sounds wonderful!!!!!!!

:-)

Yea, don't you love those "vacations" where it's so much easier to not take them at all? I think those days are almost over for me...it does get easier. They are 3 and 4 right now and this past summer's vacation was SO much better than years before, although not as relaxing as it would have been...say, if they were oh...20 or so.