Monday, December 10, 2007

To read...or watch tv?



Last week Sam's teacher told me that she is really amazed by his "reading". Her exact words were, "It's remarkable. Way ahead of anyone in the class or what I've seen for someone his age." Wish I could take credit, but the truth is, it's all that early morning TV watching he does while Brad and I are still in bed...Yes, WordWorld and Super WHY are responsible for any early signs of genius that we may be seeing....Of course, I didn't tell the teacher, I just nodded in agreement and pretended that we read lots...and watch a little PBS Kids.

I'm not a total slacker. I have been noticing that Sam is very interested in letters and their sounds. He walks around the house sounding out words and if he can't figure it out, he'll ask what letter it starts with. "Church" really got him the other day. He spent five minutes saying, "ch....ch...ch..." and finally, "I don't know what sound that is." Guess it's time to work on phonics...

Anyway....I didn't intend to write a bragging type of post about this (or I would have written it last week after the teacher spoke to me)...I mostly just wanted to record this little gem...

"Mommy, P says puh, puh, puh like in poopy. Hey there's two P's in poopy! Mommy, penis starts with P too!"

"Yes Sam, poopy and penis do start with P. Speaking of poopy, when are you going to do it on the potty? Which by the way, also starts with P"




1 comment:

Andi said...

I stumbled across your blog through Rocks In My Dryer. My 2 1/2 year old son started saying his ABC's a month or two ago thanks to Super Why! I wish I could say I taught him, but oh well.