Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Party

Every year, our friends Tracy and Jared host a Christmas party. It used to be couples, then couples and a few kids and now, kids and a few adults. This year we were absolutely outnumbered. Kids everywhere (ranging in age from 11 to three months) and very little adult conversation. Don't get me wrong, it was still a wonderful party. I enjoyed seeing my friends, being out of my house and being served dinner and lots of wine....

As if they'd been given a signal, all of the kids started melting down at once. The party was over. Pajamas were put on and kids were loaded into minivans by parents who prayed that they would fall asleep on the ride home. I was exhausted and ready for bed myself. As I put my seat belt on, I glanced at the clock. It was 8:30. I thought it was wrong and looked at my watch. It was 8:30.

Yes, we are indeed party animals.

No comments: