Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm raising a cave man

Sam doesn't eat. Really, he doesn't. Most of the time we call three bites a meal around here. This morning was no different. He finally agreed to a bowl of Quaker Dinosaur Oatmeal (breakfast of champions...I know). Three bites later he declared that he was done and let out a HUGE burp. So intent on making him eat more, I didn't respond to the burp, in fact, I hardly noticed it...I began my usual "You're not finished, you have to eat more." speech. To which Sam replied, "Mom, did you hear my burp? A burp means you're done eating." Where does he come up with this stuff? Mine is by no stretch a home run by Miss Manners, but I promise, upon completion of a meal, neither Brad nor I let out a loud belch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son is the same way. Then 10 minutes later he is hungry again.