Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dear Grace,


When I was eight week pregnant, I thought that I was losing you. At eighteen weeks, the doctors were concerned that your stomach wasn't developing properly. At thirty-five weeks, they were concerned that you might not be growing properly.

This picture fills my eyes with tears and takes me back to the complete and utter joy that I felt in the first moments of your life outside of my womb. With one final push, you were in my arms. All of my prayers had been answered. You were safely here with me and you were perfect and healthy and beautiful. There was no more pain. No more worry. I was no longer tired.

I was completely happy and wildly in love with you, my little girl. Holding you in my arms felt like the greatest gift ever. One look into your big beautiful eyes and I felt like I had known you forever. Life before your arrival seemed so long ago and I couldn't imagine a life without you.

When I look at this picture, I forget everything scary and uncomfortable and hard about being pregnant with you. I even forget how painful labor was. All I can see is joy. Joy unlike anything that I have ever experienced. Joy that I cannot put into words. Joy that you will experience someday when you become a mother.

I truly believe that I am the most blessed mommy in the world. I can't wait to see who you become.

Happy Birthday my little angel...
Mom

No comments: