Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!
(one day late...)

Mom,
Becoming a mother has made me appreciate and respect you more than I ever did before. In fact, I often think about the way that you raised me and I am in complete awe. You make being selfless look so easy.

Thanks for showing me what unconditional love looks like. There was a time that I didn't understand this...I thought you were weak, when in fact you were stronger than I have ever been. Thanks for being a woman of faith and prayer. As much as I'd like to think that I am responsible for who I am today, I know that it is God's grace and the blessings that you spoke over me in the middle of the night that got me to this place.

I celebrate your life today (well, yesterday...) I wish you a wonderful year full of love and smiles....

I love you mom. You are simply the best.