Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First day of school, sort of.

Today Sam had orientation for pre-school. It was an informal, unstructured come in, see your class, meet your teachers, mommy stays with you sort of thing. He's been excited about school all summer, but for the past week it's been nothing but "I'm not going to school!" in that whiny Caillou sounding voice that I love so much (hate).

We were on the edge all morning, split personality bi-polar kind of stuff....

"I'm not going to school, you go by yourself. Will Miss Katie be there (his teacher)?"

"Fine Sam, we won't go. Let's just get dressed and then you can play in your room."


"Oh, in the blue room (his classroom)?"

"Ah, no I meant your bedroom. Does that mean you want to go now?"

"No, I'm not going to school. Where's my backpack?"

He went, he did great, he can't wait to go back. First day is next Tuesday...we'll see how it goes.


Oh, they have those miniature potties...We went to use them and I said, "Wow, you might be able to do poops on these.." Sam replied, "Hmmm...yeah, it's worth a try. Maybe not though Mommy." Will he ever poop on the potty? What will it take? I have tried everything, indifference, bribery, threatening...I'm so sick (literally) of changing this kid!

2 comments:

Tabitha and Larry said...

He looks like such a big boy. I can't believe the difference his hairstyle makes from that little baby with his cheek against your belly (Grace).
I am sure he will love school.
p.s. kittens are much easier then puppies :) We will not be getting a puppy for many many years.
:)tabitha

Bethany said...

Oh he looks like such a big boy