Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Flour, sugar and staples in your head

Last Thursday, Sam decided that it would be fun to try to swing from the door of the jelly cupboard in our kitchen. In his own words, "I tried to swing on the door."

"You did what?"

I just stood up on the chair and grabbed the door. Then I took one foot of the chair and then I just letted go."

This is what happened when he "letted go".

I know that it could have been much worse than a big mess and three more staples in his head. However, after three hours in the ER, cleaning this up was the very last thing I felt like doing. Five pounds of sugar, five pounds of flour, a broken planter, two broken canister lids, a broken picture frame and a jar of spaghetti sauce and a whole bunch of canned goods splattered with blood...

(In case anyone is keeping track, this was our second set of staples in 8 weeks. I'm pretty sure, we will get a social worker if it happens again.)

6 comments:

Les said...

Oh my gosh iam glad he is ok. I had to screw my tall file cab into the wall after it fell over on Luke...It was so scarey.

Bethany said...

OH gee crazy kid. Your last line made me laugh.

sara said...

OH MY WORD!!!!

The Buntens said...

Oh my. Oh my. Oh my.

That is just scary, crazy and unbelievable all at once. I am so glad he is okay.

Between this and the potty training, I am sending up big prayes for you girl. Hang in there!

Kelsey S said...

Oh my gosh! POOR baby! Poor mama!

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry :-(

Although, I did laugh when I looked at the last picture and saw that white egg plastic looking thing with a frown on his face. For some reason, that was icing on the cake and made me laugh...probably not what you wanted to hear!