Friday, February 22, 2008

Suppose....

Suppose someone hadn't been to the dentist in four years. Okay, that's not entirely true. Suppose someone had only been to the dentist once in the past four years.....for a root canal when she was five months pregnant. Suppose that person was really looking forward to going to the dentist because it meant an hour all by herself. Suppose that person is looking forward to going back next week to start extensive and probably expensive and painful dental work...all by herself.

Does that person need to get out more? (I was going to say get a life, but I happen to know that deep down, this person loves and is very thankful for the life she has.)

2 comments:

sara said...

We are in the same stage of life! I hadn't been to the dentist in about 4 years too.....I went back a few months ago and now- GINGIVITIS! CAVITIES!!!!!

The big difference between me and you- I HATE GOING!!!!! But I know what you are saying- I do enjoy being by myself, I like sitting in the waiting room with a good magazine :)

Monica said...

I don't even want to think about the dentist!! I need sedation dentistry the next time I go. I make sure the kids are taken care of, but with no dental insurance mom and dad fall last in line.