Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hot-Hot-Hot!

Last week, it was really hot here. As in, to hot for anyone over the age of eight to be outside for very long. Unfortunately, my kids don't appreciate a nice air conditioned house and begged to be outside. Constantly.


We went to grandma and grandpa's one afternoon. She bought a slip-n-slide for Sam. At first, he wasn't sure about it. He begged me to show him how to do it, and I actually considered it. However, I was pretty sure that I might break a bone or at the very least, get the wind knocked out of me. Fear and good old fashioned common sense ultimately prevailed, and I made him figure it out himself. (Later, I was looking at the box and discovered that nobody over 105 pounds should use a slip-n-slide....so I guess it's safe to say that my slip-n-slide days are over. And have been since 1986.)

Being the tough guy that he is, he was a little apprehensive to get water in his face. So we gave him sunglasses....They failed to provide the courage he needed.

Eventually, he worked up the nerve and gave it a try.

Grace & Grandpa

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

My boys tried out thier new slip and slide (ala spiderman) today. Oh, it was fun watching them bellyflop and slide to the end!
Keep enjoying the hot summer!