Monday, January 15, 2007

Time goes by....


Lately I've been thinking a lot about how fast time is passing. My son Sam is 2 1/2...my daughter Grace, almost three months...I've been out of college for almost 11 years....high school for 15...driving for 17...the list goes on and on...I can rember when my mother turned 30...now I'm almost 33...I thought that my parents were "old" when I was growing up, when in fact they were 38 (5 years older than I am now) when I graduated from high school! It's actually a little disturbing to look at my high school graduation pictures and see that the proud couple with their arms around me, look about the same as I do now....more disturbing...I'll be about as old as my parents are now when our kids finish high school!

Anyway, I am going to attempt to jot down my thoughts, observations, cute things my kids say and do and just the everyday happenings that are my life. I'm doing it so that I don't forget...I'm doing it so that I can hopefully look back and laugh (at the good and the bad), I'm doing it to feel connected to people I love who aren't close by and I'm doing it because there are days that I go long periods of time without talking to an adult....


















2 comments:

Tabitha and Larry said...

Great reasons to blog! I wish you many spare minutes to do it, becasue it is a great way to share. I like your profile pic :)

Bethany said...

Oh Sarah, I am so glad you are blogging now!!!! You won't feel as far away and I will feel like I know what is happening with you without having to juggle the 3 hour time difference and our kids schedules to for those few precious chats we fit in. So I look forward to your posts friend.